Sunday, June 06, 2010

DISCHARGING MEATY HORSES DISCO

I was thrilled to bits last night as the boys from Horse Meat Disco came up to Glasgow to do a night at Melting Pot. I went to Melting Pot a few months ago at a Paradise Garage night which we all loved and I've been to Horse Meat Disco a few times in London and it's definitely my favourite night out in London.

The DJ's blend all different genres of disco - they play some break out hits and some obscenely rare cuts that haven't been heard since they were recorded. Obscure disco artists and mixes really entice me in. Be it funk, euro, album tracks or orchestral - I adore anything disco that shifts from the norm of so many disco stompers. There is always a place for those aswell and my first night at Horse Meat Disco played Thelma Houston's Don't Leave Me This Way and it definitely filled the floor. I was also slightly obsessed by Shazaming as many tracks as possible on my iPhone so that I can pick these up a later date which I also did last night!

Adding to this disco explosion is the release of Disco Discharge. The smartest disco compilation set I've ever seen. A music label disco aficionado called MrPinks has compiled 8 different CDs all with their own genre - Classic Disco, Euro Disco, Disco Ladies, Disco Boogie and Gay Disco to name just a few. These collections are excellent and there are plans to release another 4 sets at the start of next year which would be amazing for any disco lover. I am hooked on this and am determined that next time I go to London, I hit up Horse Meat Disco and dance my ass off with some crazy disco queens. Life really is a better place with a bit of disco in it.

No comments: