Sunday, February 14, 2010

EAST VILLAGE DREAMS

I've been online today looking around and catching up on the goings on in NYC through blogs and websites. I am beyond jealous. Right now, I can think of nothing more freeing than stepping out of my flat and hitting the East Village for some Sunday night drinks at a bar, throw some dollars in a gogo boy's thong and live over there. Either in the thong or NYC.

There's something raw and edgy about the East Village that resonates with me every time I go. The bars are more chilled and less pretentious, the men more forward with their own style and the cafe culture reminds me of Paris. Great one off stores selling all kinds of clothes and odd items add to the bohemian mix.

I am just wishing a bit tonight - it's Valentines and I've never thought about it much but today has been a day for reflection and working out a bit in the gym of course. I can dream........ I just need to book a holiday to NYC soon to get my fix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true!

T King.x

Lost Boy said...

I'd love to live there but the only have about 10 days' holiday a year. I'm going to have to wait until my first novel is a monster success and then go over there and write number two in my TriBeCa loft. If only.