Sunday, May 02, 2010

MUSIC MANIA

Currently obsessing over Kylie's imminent release of her new album "Aphrodite" She looks more airbrushed than a brush of air but I'm having multiple eppys at the thought of new Minogue music. On top of that, The Scissor Sisters are returning with their sleaze album "Night Works" Stuart Price who did Madonna's Confessions era a few years ago has executive produced both Kylie and The Sisters and I have high hopes for both as I love them.

Been on a high energy-ish binge and saw Hazell Dean on Friday night, she played a danced up version of Who's Leaving Who which was annoying as the original is still the best. Hazell hadn't aged that much at all and she still finished with Searchin' - I would have loved more variety with Love Pains, Maybe (We Should Call It A Day) or They Say It's Gonna Rain instead of her tired set. But still, she's Hazell Dean. I was thinking of seeing Sonia as she's playing in Glasgow tonight but can't be bothered. Sonia is so small, even the stage of the Polo Lounge will dwarf her and I was on a Sonia message board (who knew she had one?) and she plays the same set as usual. iTunes have finally released her classic PWL album "Everybody Knows" which I loved so had to snap up tonight and am listening to as I type. So many great songs and that ginger Scouse bitch is working me into a poptastic frenzy.

Someone who made no sense either was Whitney Houston. She played in Glasgow last night and I was so looking forward to it - for the car crash if nothing else. The show started well and she sang well but then she got the sweats and kept on her fur coat which was a bad move. Whitney knew she couldn't hit the notes so didn't even bother and made a big deal of being friends with Michael Jackson which is something nobody should ever admit to. Classic Whitney sang two songs and then spoke a bit about being ill and rescheduling and chatted about the Icelandic Volcanic Ash - she really diva'd out here and we all flipped as it was classic Whitney - then she must have been sweating because she walked back and got her sweat rag and covered her face with it possibly inhaling the poppers or remnants of some crystal meth on it, she then reapplied some makeup and turned to face the audience and went on a crazy monologue as if she hadn't said a word previously. It was nuts and after another break she returned looking more Chinese than the Chinese girl who works in the Panda Hut across the road from my flat - I think she had a good bong or four because she really didn't bother singing much after that! Car crash Whitney delivered like Dominos.

I also discovered a great Abba-esque band called Music Go Music - if anybody reads this blog, check them out, it's more old school Abba style which is great. And did you know that Belinda Carlisle has a 12 inch mix of the amazing "I Get Weak"? This is my favourite song of hers and the extended mix is just heaven. I really am in Music Mania just now.

1 comment:

Old Cheeser said...

Great report, Whitney sounds seriously scary. My other half loves her, me I just think she's a nutcase.