Monday, September 27, 2010

WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS

The new Fall TV season has started in full - Glee is on, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.

Gossip Girl was eternally glamorous with some of the cast in Paris for a few episodes. It made me want to go back and mince down some alleyways and drink enough wine to sink the Titanic.

Vampire Diaries is cliffhangertastic. I can't cope with all the twists from episode to episode but the gorgeous male cast make up for it.

Glee is very very good again. Introducing the butch Miss Shannone Bieste pronounced Beast was fabulous and she shows real heart.

Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters have lost their mojo. Vanessa Williams is ok as newcomer Renee but this show should have stopped as should Brothers and Sisters without Rob Lowe. These were two shows I adored. In fact, I reported on Desperate Housewives way way before the premiere date and although some of the lines are still zingy - there's no pizazz. Even cameos from a lot of the original players such as Christine Estabrook and Steven Culp could make me excited. I expect better and although the fiesty Felicia Tillman is back, I just don't get how they kept the audience in suspense by her announcing from her prison cell that her nemesis Paul will be dead in 6 months because she has friends in Wisteria Lane - I don't remember her having any friends at all. The jury's out. But like Gossip Girl - we'll always have Paris.

PS - Did I mention how sucky the final episode of True Blood was?

No comments: