Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE 2010

2010 should be and is made up of categories. Rather than a blah post of me commenting on all sorts of camp I thought a few lists would seal the deal a bit and summarise partly what's steamed my pudding this year - if I can remember!

TOP TRACKS
In chronological order from January to December when they are on my monthly playslists on iTunes - Does anyone else do this? Rather than playlist each album or artist I have a month where I add tracks and just play.

JAN
Take A Bow - Glee Cast - Perfect cover, better than Rihanna's original

FEB
Come To Me - France Joli - Further Tales of The City inspired this 9 minute Canadian disco classic
Parachute - Cheryl Cole - The only Cheryl song that I remotely like

MAR
On A Mission - Gabriela Cilmi - Pop 2010 at it's best
Telephone - Lady Gaga and Beyonce - Great track, better video although what was with all the movie stuff - just play the record Lady GooGoo

APR
Love, Violent Love - Music Go Music - Early ABBA with glam rock rolled into 2010 fusion makes amazing pop track
Pretender - Elouise - An amazing voice from a girl who looks a bit council at times
Vertigo/Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman - Disco's most perfect 9 minute segue. Takes me on a journey very few tracks ever have and hearing it played at a nightclub in April was SPECTACULAR

MAY
Earthquake - The Flirtations - HI NRG track to do dramatic head movements to on a dancefloor or possibly just your living room.

JUNE
Everything is Beautiful - Kylie - A hark back to Kylie's Got To Be Certain days, mid temp slice of dynamite
Aphrodite - Kylie - Title track on her new album, fierce and feeling mighty all the way for me. The drum beat is addictive.
Night Work - Scissor Sisters - Starts their new album off so well and even better live in concert. This song really came alive for me.

JUL
Running Out - Scissor Sisters - The track to get me moving with any hangover, the beat is dirty and reminds me of dirtier dancefloor times.

AUG
Head First - Goldfrapp - This may sound tacky but this song reminds me so much of the end credits and incidental music played during Joan Collins mini series Sins. Played a lot this year!

SEP
Silver Lining - Hurts - Haunting, amazing voice, beautiful lyrics, epic, perfect melancholy pop track. Saw them in Oran Mor at start of October and this whetted my appetite for a blindingly good gig.

OCT
Gotta Go - Alexandra Burke - Best track on her album I rediscovered this month. Very different track and I love the fact that she sounds like she smokes 40 cigs a day and can still hit the notes required.

NOV
Kidz - Take That - Relentless beat that gets in your head as quickly as a Kylie track. The song is high tempo, sharp and with a hint of camp

DEC
Can We Try Again - Technique - A slice of early 80s disco from The Saint. The perfect song for a gay club. A real campy disco high tempo beat, lyrics about meeting on a dancefloor, potential for poppers moments throughout and what seems like a big camp American male choir on vocals belting it out.
When All Is Said And Done - Abba - Forgotten track from The Visitors still worth a listen or 300

No comments: